As I sit here at my desk editing away, I am trying to ignore and push aside every thought of the house we put an offer on this weekend. You see, we put our offer in on Saturday. They’re supposed to be making the decision between the three offers and every piece of me feels twisted inside out. I feel like I’m in a good place – if the decision is made that we were selected (does house buying seem like a popularity contest to anyone else?), I will be ecstatic. If not, then we keep looking. There are great, great houses on the market right now. But, this is what I’m doing to ignore the fact that their decision could come at any second…
- Listening to 80s music. Loudly. Believe me, I’m not typically an 80s music kind of girl. In this case, it’s distracting and I don’t know it well, so it takes my mind off the house.
- Working furiously on editing and placing orders.
- Creating new editing actions to streamline my workflow a little more.
- Looking at Carly’s cute shoes that she wore during her engagement session.
- Wondering where I can find some cute, new, comfy flats for all the weddings I have coming up. I have all these heels left from my corporate days of working in an architecture firm, but surprisingly (yes, sarcasm), they’re not the most comfortable things to shoot 8 hour weddings in.
Now ladies, I know all you caught from my little bullet point list was shoes. So here they are:
Now, back to listening to some Prince and Michael Jackson.